- Rider Information
- Passenger Rules
- FARE: Passengers must pay the fare upon boarding the vehicle. Drivers do not carry change.
- SEATBELTS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL PASSENGERS.
- Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Age 5 and under ride at no charge.
- PROHIBITED SUBSTANCES & OBJECTS: For the comfort of all passengers, smoking or chew tobacco, eating, drinking, and using illegal substances in ACT vehicles are prohibited. Weapons of any kind are not permitted on transit vehicles.
- AUDIO DEVICES: Passengers may not play an audio device unless using a headset and keeping the volume low so that others are not disturbed.
- CELL PHONES: Cell phone conversations must be kept at a low, private volume as to not disturb other passengers or the driver.
- SOCIALIZING WITH THE DRIVER: Passengers may not socialize with the driver while the bus is in service. The driver's attention must be on safe driving.
- LANGUAGE & BEHAVIOR: Abusive or offensive language or behavior is not permitted on the ACT vehicles or property. Interfering with a transit driver is against the law.
- DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES AND/OR PHYSICAL HYGIENE: A driver may refuse to transport a passenger(s) at any point either prior to boarding or during a trip.
- A passenger(s) who appear(s) to be under the influence of alcohol, illegal or dangerous substances, or whose behavior or language appears abusive, threatening, offensive, disorderly or dangerous to him, the driver, or other passengers.
- A passenger(s) whose physical hygiene is offensive to other passengers or jeopardizes the health of other passengers or the driver.
- PACKAGES: Passengers shall not carry articles onto a transit vehicle, which cannot be held or secured by the passenger. Passengers shall not place articles in the aisles of the ACT vehicle. (Alltrans: 3 package limit.)
- STROLLERS: Strollers are permitted on transit vehicles only if folded. Please fold the stroller before boarding and carry your child on the bus. Blocking the aisles of ACT vehicles is prohibited.
- BICYCLES: Folding bicycles are allowed on ACT vehicles but cannot take up seating space or obstruct the aisle. It must be carried on and restrained by the passenger.
- SERVICE ANIMALS: Service animals, which have been trained to perform a specific task/service, are permitted on board transit vehicles.
- SMALL PETS: In carriers designed and manufactured for pet transport, are allowed on board at no additional cost. The carrier cannot take up seating or obstruct the isle and must be able to be carried on by the passenger. Animals at-large or on a leash or harness (other than service dogs) are not allowed.
1000 Lafayette Avenue
Cumberland, MD 21502
Phone: : 301-722-6360Fax: : 301-722-0326
Elizabeth A. Robison-HarperTransit Division Superintendent