Allegany County Restaurant and caterers Relief Fund
The Allegany County Restaurant Relief Fund Grant provides financial relief to locally owned and operated businesses within the restaurant industry that have experienced significant economic hardship or unusual expenses because of COVID-19.
Applicants should thoroughly review the eligibility and application process below.
The relief program is funded through the Maryland Department of Commerce to be used to provide grants to certain food and beverage providers. Allegany County businesses have been earmarked to receive approximately $251,597.99 of these funds.
Approved applicants may receive up to $10,000 in grant funding.
- Grant funding will be allocated based on the number of eligible applications received. Each application will be reviewed by a Grant Review Committee to determine the actual grant amount for each applicant based on the application, supporting financial statements, and available funds.
- Grant applications will be prioritized to businesses that have not already received funding through the Maryland Department of Commerce Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant or Loan Funds, the Maryland Economic Development Assistance Authority and Fund (MEDAAF), and/or Allegany County’s Restaurant Relief Grants.
Grant Opens: Friday, April 23, 2021
Deadline for Application: 4:00 pm EST on Friday, May 7, 2021.
The grant can be used for working capital, such as rent, payroll, job training, purchase of equipment and services to expand outdoor dining, such as tents, heaters, warmers, and carts, infrastructure improvements such as HVAC system upgrades, technology to support carry out and delivery, purchase of PPE and disposable food containers and utensils, and sanitization services.
Ineligible Fund Uses:
Any uses other than those identified under “Eligible Fund Uses” above.
To be eligible for a grant under this program, an applicant must:
- Be primarily engaged in activities that, in accordance with the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS), would be included in one of the following NAICS code categories:
- Be a for-profit business with a physical location in Allegany County, MD;
- Not be a franchise or national chain (unless able to provide proof of local ownership and operation);
- Must demonstrate a need for assistance;
- Be currently in operation and plan to remain in operation;
- Be in good standing with Allegany County Government and the State of Maryland with NO outstanding taxes, fees, or other charges;
- Be registered with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation to conduct business within the State of Maryland, if required by law;
- Have a current Allegany County Business License, if required by law;
- AND have a valid Allegany County Health Department Food Service Permit.
Required Supporting Documents:
Please download the necessary forms and submit them when requested during the application process.
- Fully completed application
- Completed W9 Form
- Active Allegany County Health Department Food Service Permit