Allegany County Lodging Relief Fund
The Allegany County Lodging Relief Grant is now closed.
Thank you to all those who have applied.
Allegany County COVID-19 Lodging Relief Grant provides financial relief to qualifying lodging partners in Allegany County, MD.
The program is being administered on behalf of the State of Maryland and is funded with the money the county received through Governor Larry Hogan’s latest round of economic relief initiatives announced on December 17, 2020. The purpose of the grant is to promote and encourage stabilization in the hospitality industry in the State of Maryland. The final amount of the hotel relief grant awards will be determined by the total number of qualified applicants.
Applicants should thoroughly review the eligibility and application process below as applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Submission of an incomplete or inaccurate application may result in ineligibility for program funding.
Deadline: 4:00 PM EST, Friday, February 5, 2021, or sooner if funds are depleted.
Allegany County received $495,591 through the program and the final amount of the hotel relief grant awards will be determined by the total number of qualified* applicants. The program is available to qualified lodging establishments in Allegany County that contributed to the county’s Hotel/Motel accommodations tax.
Use of Funds
Funds received must be used for the following purposes:
- Normal operating costs, such as rent, payroll, job training, taxes, and debt service.
- Purchase of PPE, sanitization services, or other COVID-19 related costs.
Funds may not be used to fund items outside of their normal operating cost. Prohibited costs include the following, which are not directly related to COVID-19 prevention:
- Purchase of equipment and soft goods
- Infrastructure improvements
- Technology upgrades
To qualify*, the lodging establishment must:
- Be located in Allegany County, MD, and have been in business on March 1, 2020;
- Contributed to Allegany County Hotel/Motel accommodations tax in 2020, and may not currently be in default on any loans from Allegany County or delinquent on any taxes, fees, or other charges owed to Allegany County.
- Must have a current Allegany County, MD, business license and be in good standing with Allegany County and the State of Maryland. Click Here, to ensure your active and good standing. You may check you standing, Here.
- Owns, rents, or leases a permanent lodging establishment in Allegany County that is open or will be open to the public for accommodations by March 31, 2021;
- Can demonstrate a reduction in year-over-year gross revenue of at least 25% for the period of April – November 2020 compared to April – November 2019;
- Has a minimum of 10 sleeping rooms, or if a bed and breakfast, has at least five sleeping rooms;
- Must have a current Allegany County, MD, business license and be in good standing with Allegany County and the State of Maryland;
- Is subject to the State of Maryland Sales and Use Tax;
Businesses MAY receive a grant allocation from the Hotel Relief Grant even if they have already received funding through another Allegany County COVID-19 Business Relief Grant program.
If you applied for other relief grants and were deemed ineligible because your business did not meet the criteria for eligibility, you may still be eligible for the Hotel Relief Grant Program and are encouraged to apply.
By completing this application, the applicant accepts the following terms:
- All of the information set forth in the application is true and correct.
- The Grantee and the person signing below have the authority or right to sign this formal application and agree to its terms.
- I understand the funds received must be used for the following purposes: Normal operating costs, such as rent, payroll, job training, taxes, debt service, purchase of PPE, sanitization services, or other COVID-19 related costs. And may not be used for the following that are not directly related to COVID-19 prevention: Purchase of equipment and soft goods, infrastructure improvements, and technology upgrades.
- The applicant is, and will remain, in compliance with the laws of the Federal Government and the State of Maryland and its political subdivisions, including all laws prohibiting discrimination.
- I understand that any document that is a public record under the Maryland Public Information Act is subject to disclosure in response to a request for public records under the Act.
- If any information or certification in the application or any attachments to the application are false or materially misleading, the Grantee shall repay any awarded grant funds back to Allegany County, MD, in the full amount.
- I understand that I will be required to complete a W-9 issued by Allegany County Government to accept any grant funds