William R. Valentine
William R. “Bill” Valentine was re-elected to the Office of Allegany County Commissioner in 2014 for a four year term. He was first elected in 2010.
Commissioner Valentine owns and operates Carl G.
Valentine & Son, Inc., a full-service plumbing company serving the
Tri-State Area since 1947. He purchased this family business in 1978. He
possesses a Masters License in plumbing as well as heating, ventilation,
and air conditioning (HVAC) in the State of
Commissioner Valentine studied business administration
and graduated from
During this term of office Commissioner Valentine and
Commissioner Valentine is a member of the Maryland
Association of Counties (MACo) Board of Directors and serves on MACo’s
Legislative Committee, the Education Subcommittee, and the Initiatives
Subcommittee. Former Governor Martin O’Malley appointed Commissioner
Valentine to the Marcellus Shale Safe Drilling Initiative Advisory
Commission in 2011. Commissioner Valentine is on the Maryland Rural
Counties Coalition Board of Directors. He is Vice-President of the
Tri-County Council for Western Maryland, Inc. and serves on the State of
Maryland Department of Juvenile Justice Advisory Board. Commissioner
Valentine is associated with the Western Maryland Consortium (
Commissioner Valentine has been actively involved in the community for many years. He has served on the Allegany County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors as well as the Chamber’s Executive Committee, Economic Development Committee, and Legislative Committee. In addition, he currently serves on the Board of Directors of Horizon Goodwill Industries, Inc. Commissioner Valentine has also served several professional organizations: the Western Maryland Home Builders Association’s Board of Directors and the Legislative Committee, the Tri-State Heat Pump Association’s Board of Directors, and the Allegany County Master Plumbers Association.
Commissioner Valentine is an avid outdoorsman. He enjoys bow hunting, canoeing, hiking, and camping. Commissioner Valentine resides in Little Orleans.