To comply with the statutory obligations in the administration of elections and voter registration and to conduct elections in Allegany County that will protect the fundamental rights of citizens in a Democracy.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Serving as an agent for the federal and state government to fulfill mandated programs
- Providing easy access for voter registration
- Conducting fair and honest elections
- Encouraging citizen awareness of, and participation in, the election process
- Utilizing community resources as a vehicle for publicity and voter education
Please Contact Us With Questions
Contact the Office at 301-777-5931 for information on the following:
- Casting Your Vote - Polling places hours, locations, sample ballots and how to vote by absentee ballot
- Changing of Address and Party Affiliation
- Precinct Maps
- Registering to Vote - Requirements to register, deadlines
- Voter Registration Applications
- Voter Registration Statistics
Voters can vote in person or by absentee ballot. To vote in person, voters residing in Allegany Co can vote before election day at a designated early voting center in Allegany Co or on election day at the polling place for their residence in Allegany Co. Read on...
June 5th is the Deadline to Register to Vote, Change Party Affiliation, Update an Address, and Request an Alternate Polling Place. Read on...
On April 4, 2018 the Allegany County Board of Elections voted to change the location of the polling place for District 14. Read on...